Sunday, July 06, 2008

WormaWorma... I mean, WaraWara

After eating various versions of my homemade juk (and packaged oatmeal) for what seemed like an eternity...



...I finally took a shot at having "real food" in light doses this weekend.

WaraWara semi-recently opened a branch in Sinchon which Jihee and I checked out last night. Located on the 4th and 5th floors (in the same building as Nolita and across the street from Baskin-Robbins), the view's not so bad...



On a Saturday night in Sinchon, you can expect most decent places to be pretty crowded, so while waiting nearly 20 min for a table, the WaraWara staff kindly gave us some goguma (sweet potato) sticks to munch on.

We opted to start with the "popular" honey mustard chicken salad...



Unfortunately I can't tell you how it tastes, as Jihee soon found a little worm hanging out with the lettuce. Our waitress was a little too nonchalant about the discovery which led to a sneaking suspicion that she might just throw out the bug, and give us the same salad...

So we decided to order something cooked instead - teriyaki chicken - which was comped.



I asked Jihee what she thought, and her immediate response was, "Well...it's a good thing it's free."

I liken WaraWara's teriyaki chicken to stereotypical bad Chinese takeout, meaning it tastes better when eaten cooled down or refrigerated.

The worm had made quite an impression on us and we couldn't really get over him...



So our meal was a bit short lived.

Fortunately, it wasn't all bad. The pineapple-ju was a lot of fun. I'm a sucker for things served in fruit, I guess.



WaraWara gets a solid "mediocre" since I'm feeling generous, but I'm sure it's a fun place to go in a group.

PS. I realize I haven't made a label for Sinchon (the place I probably frequent most often by default) until now. Whoops, slipped the radar!

1 comment:

InMySeoul said...

A WORM!!!

That should automatically be a "BAD" rating...eww....on the bright side of getting the chicken afterwards is if there were any worms in that, it would have been dead...lol

Your a lot nicer then I would have been. I would have just gotten up and left...lol