Sunday, February 10, 2008

Yes, I really ate it!

Ok, for most of you this isn't really a big deal. But for me, this was a monumental occasion. ^^

I tried mussels for the first time at a French restaurant, La Cigale Montmatre, this weekend... and they weren't half bad! Dearest Onni, here is living proof...



This was the first time I had been to Itaewon (이태원) in daylight. First impression? Not Korea. This was especially noticeable at Starbucks, when we got in line and couldn't see a single Korean ahead of us. Wikipedia refers to the area as "an American Ghetto."

For dinner, I finally got around to trying 본죽 (Bon Juk), a chain that specializes in juk (congee in Chinese, okayu in Japanese, or rice porridge in English). I ordered the 호박죽 (pumpkin juk) and was pleasantly surprised to find 4 little mochi balls hiding at the bottom of the orange gunk. Yummy!



Time to study study study!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The juk looks interesting and I'm so proud you ate mussels! Love you and miss you!

Anonymous said...

it's called dduk not mochi