Tuesday, February 26, 2008

'07 Highlights

First off, I'd like to extend apologies to the anyone I've encountered (this is all inclusive: in person, phone, email, text msg, Skype, AIM, MSN, GTalk, Facebook, etc. haha) in the past 2+ weeks. I got lots of, "You look/sound tired," remarks, and it's probably because I was. Also, in response to the variations of, "What the ____ are you doing up right now?!", thank you for your concern. ^^ I successfully slept the day away and am looking forward to recharging some more this week. I didn't realize I was signed on to Adium, hence the reason for being MIA, but thank you for all the random messages, really, it gave me the warm and fuzzies inside. (And no, I didn't just say "warm and fuzzies" - it's my exhausted sub-conscious talking.) Hopefully by Monday, I'll get back to feeling "normal" and won't seem so disoriented. ^^ Props to you if you're still reading!

Anyhow, lying in bed and feeling poopy (for lack of a better word) contributes to blogs like this one. I actually meant to post this in...uh, January...but never did, so here you go, a little tribute to 2007.


---

Home sweet home.


Please direct your attention to the top left corner - this is the night I called it. Can you see the 2 would-be lovebirds obliviously standing next to each other? ; )


Ro - I miss our sushi nights.
Betty - I miss the spunk. ^^


Bottom right corner. White board question of the day: What is the weirdest thing you've ever eaten? Amidst responses like a quarter, kangaroo, snake, alligator - "Cheri's food" made the list. : (


There's not much else to do in Holyoke except go to Stop & Shop... ^^


Left to right, top then bottom -
a) 32nd Street, enough said. ^^
b) Dave, look at Grace's Yan Yan stick.
It's destiny. ; )
c) S, I bet you guys didn't know this photo existed? Your kitchen will forever hold memories of hard, stir fried kimbop and steel-bowl-whisked-yogurt-soju.
d) ROCKSTARS! ; )
e) I really miss cooking.
f) Something must have been funny. Maybe it's because we were wearing the same shirt. Aiya.


We met Morimoto, and I still think about his toro to this day. ^^


Toronto = fun. I mean, not since London were we reunited with Kinder Bueno, the best candy EVER!


Quite possibly took more Polaroids than digitals?


San Francisco... always makes me happy.


Mendocino vacation, thanks to Onni. ^^


Then there was Korea.

Who knew a few months later I'd end up back here? ^^

Eating...


Shopping...


Sightseeing...


Lastly, some memories are best told on tape, like when you jump out of a plane. ^^



And of course, it was one of the best musical years EVER...

Darren Hayes...



Temposhark....



Cary Brothers...



Priscilla Ahn...



Rachael Yamagata...



Ingrid Michaelson...



Kate Havnevik...



Hapa...



Time flies!

4 comments:

Grace said...

AH I HAVE SO MANY COMMENTS! First of all Cheri Berri I miss you so much and am glad you are having the time of your life but I want to experience the Cheri Berri in real life too!! Also, I feel so honored for getting so many shoutouts! I laughed when I saw the first one about me and Dave. At first I thought that was an IV pic from sophomore year or something and was confused but then I was like oh yeah!! I remember that conversation we had at that eurotrash restaurant..can't remember the name right now. Also Kinder Bueno is available at this grocery store near Stephanie's place! I got it in Dec I think when we were there for New Year's. Anyway so happy to see your post and wish I could motivate myself to do the same cause I've been meaning to but whatever. Happy sleeping, schooling, partying!!!

Anonymous said...

Your photo collages are so cool! Does it take you long to create them?

Anonymous said...

its offical with this farewell montage. you have left us behind. so sad...

Grace said...

haha i miss hearing about sam and his rebellious ways and funny comments