Sunday, February 17, 2008

Food and karaoke, then hit repeat

Seafood shabu shabu...


Emily, I will take you here when you come to visit ^^... beats Kaze and the meat hot pot is <$6!


Greasy, cheap, surprisingly not bad...


$30 in NY, $9 in Korea...


Celebrating with 선생님!


I can hear the snickers guys, but I swear, the V sign just pops out of nowhere, it's unintentional...


Typically in the US, karaoke is to alcohol like restaurant is to food. Here, you usually can't drink in the norebang (노래방), and who would have thought, people still go in broad daylight, completely sober. ^^ It's also a lot less expensive, and if you go to the "luxury" ones... they make you take off your shoes.

If you're really lucky, you get to sing in Pooh's presence. ^^



It makes me wonder how we have shows like American Idol when really, all you need to do is come to Korea. I feel guilty just holding the mic in their presence. Seriously, sooo good. It's like going to a free concert. ^^



Norebang at night...


Doing her thing on stage...



We even sang along to the Wondergirls... that is a concept I cannot understand.


And yes, I have tape of 선생님 in action! ^^

1 comment:

Foodsnobber said...

I'm so jealous!! I can't make it out this year cuz my vacation days are all gonna be used to go to Cali and Thailand. If you're interested to take a weekend trip to Bangkok I can meet you there!

Anyways,looks like you're having fun and eating sooo much good food. You also need to try the ice cream at red mango! And the chees dukbokki at cocina. (there's cheese inside the rice cake) =)