Friday, February 08, 2008

What's your blood type?

While I've never really believed in anything related to astrology, I've had my share of fun skimming through horoscopes, perhaps in search of an ounce of hope for the day, or simply to tame my boredom. I knew they were recycled and generic, but heck, no one else was willing to promise me the boy of my dreams on the 7th, 12th, or 27th, or that I might run into some cash on Tuesday. Nevermind that it was already Wednesday. ^^

Well, it's officially the Year of the Rat. Are we rat people entitled to an entire year of wonderfulness? ^^

Another thing I've been asked here (although definitely not as frequently as "How old are you?") is, "What's your blood type?" Apparently it can uncover and explain the complexities of our personalities! According to Wikipedia...

Type A
Best Traits: Earnest, creative, sensible.
Worst Traits: Fastidious, overearnest.

Type B
Best Traits: Wild, a doer, cheerful.
Worst Traits: Selfish, irresponsible.

Type AB (Me, I think.)
Best Traits: Cool, controlled, rational.
Worst Traits: Critical, indecisive, unforgiven.


Type O
Best Traits: Agreeable, sociable, an optimist.
Worst Traits: Vain, careless, ruthless, cruel.


Hmm.


Just some food for thought. What I really want to talk about is the New Year (설날)! ^^


While the adults prepped...



The kids got new hairdo's (I will be wearing a hat for the next 2 weeks)...



And went to Outback Steakhouse before catching a movie...


 


The next morning, I wore a hanbok (한복) for the first time...



We paid our respects...




Then dug in...



Had some fun on the ice...



Attempted to catch some fish (didn't happen)...




Played yoot (윷)...




Sung our hearts out at the norebang (노래방)...




Then came back home and pigged out like crazy.


Awww, I love my family. Happy New Year... hope you all had a good one!

1 comment:

Janice said...

aww, it looks like you're having a wonderful time with your family there! :)

the only time someone has ever asked me what my blood type is was when i was donating blood, i think. that's interesting how they think blood type helps determine one's personality. i've never heard that before.

btw, my blood type is a positive ;)