Tuesday, May 27, 2008

88 Minutes, 3 year old kimchee, and puffiness

88 Minutes comes out in theaters this Friday in Korea, but we were invited to a free preview screening for foreigners (finally, being a 외국인 comes in handy!) the other day. I had no idea what this movie was about, other than my friend's 3 second synopsis: Al Pacino has 88 minutes to figure out how not to die.

Heard it tanked in the US, so I checked some of the reviews on Rotten Tomatoes...



Ouch! 6% on the Tomatometer, and Roeper actually calls it the worst movie of 2008. I think that's a bit harsh, despite the fact that I called out Pacino's wannabe hitman less than a third of the way through the film.

Is it really true that this flick came out on DVD in Europe a year ago? I've seriously got to get back on the film appreciation train... but when all's said and done, 88 Minutes wasn't that terrible. It's like watching an extra long episode of Criminal Minds, if that's your type of thing.

Moving onto more important things.

Kimchi jjigae. Not just any kimchi jjigae. This one was made with kimchi that had been aged for three years, which explained the extra special sour kick. Despite appearances, it's actually quite delicious! Just takes a bit getting used to. ^^



Pasta 12, one of the many "Italian" restaurants in Sinchon, recently reopened its doors after its redesign and basement relocation (to make room for yet another donut chain).



I was so happy to be reunited with my soy milk mushroom pasta again. ^^



Can you guess where the next 2 photos were taken?





Baskin Robbins, folks. Complete with sofas and ceramic plates. : )

Thankfully, I don't have any photographic evidence of my dinner tonight, because once again, silly ol' me went along to a sushi buffet. I can only imagine what I'll look like in the morning...



Perhaps if I manage to ward off buffets (or eat like a regular person) and start using this handy little device - the V Line Face Roller - I can start looking less like Jigglypuff?



(No, I didn't make this up.)

1 comment:

Janice said...

v line face roller?! wow. that sounds like a core product. did you try it out?