Sunday, May 11, 2008

5 things that keep me happy


5. TAKING RISKS
Case in point: Choi's Tacos. It's no Gordo's, Chipotle, Boloco, or Anna's - not even Taco Bell, really - but just knowing that you have access to a somewhat decent burrito within walking distance can be comforting. Sour cream never tasted so good in my life. I've been deprived for months, people.



4. FONDUE
e.g. Baskin Robbins: No fireworks here, but there's something about dipping things into chocolate that just makes a girl happy. (Grace, I miss you, we're having a transcontinental connecting moment right now, aren't we? ^^)





3. KINDER BUENO
It may not matter to most people, other than maybe my best buddy who has witnessed and participated in the global search and stock-up of this delectable delight. So try to imagine my reaction upon stumbling across this in a convenience store the other week! Granted, it comes at a buck thirty a pop in Korea.



(Toronto happy findings: I dedicate this to you, friend.)



2. DISCOVERING NEW BAKERIES
And getting cream puff freebies during their grand openings!





1. SEARCHING FOR THE PERFECT CAFE
I still have a loooong way to go in this department - but take note, I've just begun the journey! Soon, I will hold the key to every possible scenario. For example, what's the best place to... Casually study? Cram for exams? Girl talk? Have a non awkward guy to guy chat? Date? Self reflect? Read a good book? Just enjoy really good coffee? Have something other than coffee? Avoid breaking the wallet? Get friendly service? Take a nap? Comfortably loiter for more than 3 hours?























2 comments:

Daniel Lee Gray said...

Great site! My favorite cafe at the moment is Aa Design Museum in Hongdae. Great food and amazing atmosphere. All of the cafes in Samcheong Dong are also pretty amazing.My favorite there is Cafe Yeon.

Sushi. It's pretty tough to get amazing japanese style sushi, but the chamchi restaurants aren't too bad. I know a place over by city hall, but I can't think of the name right now. There is Gaiten Sushi Kumi near Dogok-dong(574-6660). But it might be best to go over to Norayranjin- the traditional fish market. Thanks for reading^^

Grace said...

mmmmmmm that stuff surrounding the chocolate looks amazing. this sounds like something i will have to try to replicate. what is it??