Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Aunty Mina, tiny tanks, and Nike art

I've clocked in 8 hours of sleep in the past 2 nights (total), and I'm fully aware that come 6AM, I'll be wishing for these extra 20 minutes of my life back. As a kid, I hated the concept of sleep. These days, I revel in its glory.

But this post is not about asking for more hours in the day.

It's to show 엄마 my mini reunion with Aunty Mina! ^^



Look, you can pretend you were there eating the chicken jjim with us...



And sipping my awesome banana juice. ^^



We met up at the Hyatt today, and as I stepped into the lobby, a brief "I miss America" sensation came over me. There were lots of American suits walking about, and all I could think of was scrambled eggs. Scrambled eggs! (Yes, there must be a hidden correlation...)

Thoughts of Sunday brunch danced in my head. Chocolate chip pancakes, blueberry waffles, eggs benedict, turkey bacon, chicken apple sausage, buttered toast, french toast, fruit salad, oatmeal with brown sugar and cinnamon... I was thinking of taming the craving by ordering an Egg McMuffin but 1) I shouldn't be going to Mickey D's and 2) I don't have enough motivation to walk all the way over there in the morning anyway.

I digress. (It's a specialty.)

Btw, Aunty Mina says hello, Onni.

And the rest of this blog is dedicated to you...

When you buy your new house, can you put a TV in the bathroom like this?



"Tiny tank..." Yes, I thought of you. ㅎㅎ



And without any catchy lead-ins (I'm tired), photos from the Nike gallery in Myeongdong for you, Miss Shoe Lover...











Happy April Fools. I'm curious to see what Google has in store for us this year... ^^

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

don't fret, i hear brunch has arrived in seoul! :)
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/02/world/asia/02brunch.html?ex=1194667200&en=89cb19d0670b90ff&ei=5070&emc=eta1

(i had a cheri catch up session this morning w/ my breakfast - love your stories!!!