Saturday, November 08, 2008

It's been a while, is anybody out there?

I haven't been feeling very chatty lately for one reason or another, partly due to the fact that I haven't been in one city for more than a week, and unbeknownst to most, it feels like I've yet to catch my breath. But I'm finally sitting down, laptop in hand for about another week before jetting to Japan for a bit. Till then, you better bet your kimchi (Huh? Did I really just say that?) I'm going to be on a blogroll.

Unfortunately, I LOST MY CAMERA IN VEGAS which, if you're the glass-half-full type, is a lot better than losing my purse (I nearly did, but thankfully, there are still some good, honest people out there) so no, you will not get to see my better-than-expected San Carlos 떡국 and 삼계탕 dinner from tonight, nor the decent Sin City Korea-town fare we had the other day. I did manage to snap a shot of my homemade "kimchi jjigae." I say that with quotes only because in the photo below, it looks more like canned soup, but trust me, it was sour, bright red, and surprisingly edible. I blame my cheap temp mobile phone cam and the fact that all we had to work with was a jar of kimchi, chicken vienna sausage, and frozen corn.



Being back in the States has come with its ups and downs, which I'm sure I'll get into another time. But the optimist in me says, "Let focus on the good!" So here's one of them - reunification.



For my own records, I thought it'd be nice and fitting to end this post with a snippet of an email I received from a dear friend of mine. It was entitled, "What Could Have Been," and put things into perspective for me (so thank you for that.)
God has a plan for us. We don't know what it is, but it just takes it's course. Secondly, if you're in a moment where you want something so badly, you think it's what you need, it may even be a personal life goal, and it still doesn't work out, don't worry about it. It may take years to realize, but there probably was a reason for it. Cheesy, I know, but seeing that one video, sparked so many memories and thoughts, I just wanted to write it down and share it with you.

No comments: