Monday, October 06, 2008

Where's the mac salad?

Anna and I were craving fried chicken and this was the closest thing we could find on the menu... (I've gotten confused... do we usually serve our chicken with fruit in the States, or is this a Korean tendency? I kind of like it.)



It strangely reminded me of huli huli chicken, only it smelled of ham, was a little pink for our taste, and I still haven't gotten used to the idea of chicken necks on a platter. Either way, it was very plate lunch reminiscent - some mac salad and a scoop of white rice might have done the trick.

Of course the Hawaii kids ordered the pineapple soju "slushy"... I mean, who could resist? With a name like that, there's potential for many wonderful things - imagine this flowing out of your local 7-Eleven Icee machine? Besides, the waiter told us that this drink would require ten minute lead time... it must have been something special, right?



Unfortunately it tasted like a bad bag of over concentrated Capri Sun, or perhaps simple syrup mixed with yellow tie dye. Eck.

This made us thirsty for some watered down mekju, and upon arrival at a "western style bar," we then realized just how much we really enjoyed plain nori dipped in shoyu-vinegar... yep, good ol' seaweed and beer. I really don't think I'll be able to go back to vodka tonics.

No comments: