Saturday, October 11, 2008

"Koreans don't eat turkey"

I plan on writing about (or lazily posting pictures of) the wonderful world of Korean chicken dishes one day soon... I should know, as I typically don't eat anything else that can walk - oh, except turkey, which is a rarity in this country. Why, I'm not quite sure, so I decided to Ask A Korean. I've asked other Koreans, but it's usually in vain:

"Koreans don't eat turkeys."
"글쎄..."
"Turkey? What's turkey?"

Anyway, I digress. Back to chicken, more specifically 닭갈비 - but not my typical dak kalbi eats - just jjeolmyeon, chicken, and cheese! I mean, really, it's greasy as h-e-double-hockey-sticks (yes, I just said "h-e-double-hockey-sticks," betcha haven't heard that in a while), but talk about an ono-licious meal.



I realize the photo pictured above could potentially come off as a bad dish of oily spaghetti and marinara but for those of you that can imagine just how tasty this is... ya know yer green with envy! It's all about perspective. ^^

No comments: