Monday, March 24, 2008

Live from Seoul...

I've been a little musically deprived as of late... missing out on tons of amazing spring concerts... especially THIS one. (Pleeeease go show your support for Temposhark in my US absence! ^^)



But recently, I've been fortunate enough to have a few run-ins with some live performances. Haha, okay, so I didn't get tickets to Jason Mraz or Harry Connick Jr. nor did I see Celine Dion or any K-Pop bands, but I DID get to see this random guy jam at Namsan Tower...



He's good at what he does... but the view definitely made it better. ^^



Here's what it looks like from outside.


Light show...



Upon first glance, I thought this was a real person attempting to be David Blaine-like. ^^;;


We also checked out Nanta, which in the US, is known as Cookin', or more descriptively (in my opinion), "Benihana meets Stomp with a little Blue Man sprinkled in here and there." If you're pressed for time and have to choose between being late or leaving early, definitely opt for the former! (For pure theatrical effect, half the men rip off their shirts in the last 5 minutes of the show, as they fiercely pound on water soaked drums while female members of the audience shyly grin and sink into their seats... not to forget the hundreds of colorful playpen balls that get shot out into the audience prior to this spectacle.) Incorporation of audience participation also makes it fun, but in that 42nd Street kind of way (when you'd rather see something with a bit more substance or edge like Cabaret.) 



Of course, I saved the best for last - my friend's awesome classical guitar concert! ^^ I caught bits on video but unfortunately the sound didn't catch so well on the camera. Here's a little preview...


Very cool.

No comments: